The plan in the beginning was to do carpet in the bedrooms and stained concrete everywhere else. This did NOT turn out as expected. I tried it in one bathroom to see how it would turn out and it was a peach nitemare. I ended up covering it with luxury vinyl planks. 100% waterproof with a lifetime warranty. I couldn't beat it.

I ended up sealing all the concrete and I WILL be putting some type of hardwood or laminate down over it. I hate the floor.

For trim, I looked far and wide for something that I thought went with the rustic look of the home. I ended up buying some #2 2x4's and ripped them in half. I stained them with a weathered oak stain and gave them a little grey color. Some rooms got stained with other stuff that matched that room better. In the master bed and bath, I 45'd the edges to kind of make it look like crown. I don't like crown, to much for me. The simple 45 2x4 suits me just fine.

I installed the cabinets myself as well. I'm not crazy about them at all and will eventually change them out. I don't think they mesh well with the rest of the house.

I then built an L shaped island. I wanted to do something unique for the counter that was different than the other counters. I used a tongue and groove pine board and stained it using a multi step process of sanding and staining.

Bench seats I made on the back of the island out of sawmill lumber.