The rafters being built wrong set me back 3 weeks. In the mean time, I started doing some framing inside. Then came back and finished the roof. Then went back and finished framing. Then electrical.

After electrical and finishing up the plumbing, I had my cousins to lay the fireplace. If any of you guys on here need masonry work done around NE bama, these boys are the best of the best. Miller and Son Masonry is their business. Andrew won the National Skills Brick Laying competition in high school. He's won several of the Brick layer 500 craftsmen awards since then.

Had a little down time after the fireplace was finished. I had ordered some eastern white pine for the living room walls. I had to wait 8 weeks for delivery. Also, had to wait on the sheet rock man, as he was behind. Once I got the pine delivered, I went to experimenting with finishes. I wanted a real light weathered grey look, but never could achieve it. I ended up using tea and apple cider vinegar/steel wool to stain it with. I boiled about 5 gallons of tea and rolled it on the boards with a paint roller. I let it dry in the sun and then rubbed the vinegar/wool mixture on.

You can see in the pic the boards on the ground have been rolled with tea. The boards on the saw ponys have been rubbed with the mixture. Its an immediate change in color.

Once I had all that put up, I moved onto the ceiling. I couldn't find any corrugated metal that was already rusted up when I needed it so I made my own. I bought new sheets from home depot and rusted them with muratic acid and peroxide. Then shot them to the rafters inside.

Once that was finished, I moved onto the worst part of the entire build, tile showers. They are nice now that their done, but these things are a nightmare and I hope never to do one again.