Thought I'd do a write up on the house I just got done building. I'll start from the beginning and work my way thru and list the how to's and pro's and con's in case some of you have or are considering a home like this. I did all the construction myself with the help of friends and family. Only thing I subbed out was concrete and sheetrock.

I found 37 acres last year at a steal for up here. I started contacting different banks and telling them my plans. I called 6 different banks including traditional mortgage lenders. I had a local guy laugh in my face and tell me good luck with getting that financed. I had to do it local because these type homes are not FHA approved for some reason. Anyways, I found a local lender that financed the land and home build for me.

Here's the land before any construction started.

Driveway is about 1500' long. I didn't want to be seen from the road if I want to run around naked in the yard. I'll spare the boring stuff about plumbing and grading gravel, etc. The guys that poured my slab did a fantastic job. I highly recommend them. I installed a radiant floor in the slab. I do not have it hooked up yet, and I'm very anxious to see how it works with heating the home.

I ordered my building from Inland Building Systems. They delivered it on Sept. 29th last year. I started framing immediately on arrival. I've done construction my whole life and have mainly done metal buildings, so it was a cake walk. We had it framed in a day and half. Inland actually made my rafter sections on the wrong pitch compared to the end rafters. I didn't notice this until we started putting the roof on. Inland went above and beyond to correct this. Their customer service is top notch.