Has been one the hardest things I think I’ve ever have tried to do. Now I’ll admit I’m the worlds worst with electronics but this shouldn’t be this daggun hard.

It all started when I visited my first MAPCO store in Madison county about three years ago and stopped in for a cup of coffee. We didn’t have them in the Southern part of the state at that time so when the clerk asked if I wanted one I said sure. Thinking as much as I will be up here plus I like their coffee I can save some money when I stop in.

So I followed the simple instructions on the website and activated my rewards card. So at least I thought I did. The next morning I stop at the store that is on my way to my assignment and get a cup of coffee. I go to pay for it and the clerk asks if I have a rewards card and I said sure do. So she swipes it and said it’s not activated. I said well it will probably take a day or two for it to get in the system. Next day the same result. So I call the 8hunert number on the card to see what I did wrong and this nice feller name Bruce with an India accent helps me. Says it’s good to go now.

Next morning same result. So at day three I say the heck with it and just tell them no I don’t have one. Then the clerk tells me how much money I could be saving on purchases and get a free cup of coffee one day if I had one. I said yeah I know and move on. This goes on for two years.

Well the stores are now in the Southern part of the state so I stopped at one last week to get a cup of coffee. Clerk ask do I have a rewards card. I said no but would like another one after I told him about my three year struggle to activate one. He helps me with the activation process right there in the store and gives me the coffee at no charge. The next week I stop at one in Tuscaloosa and the damn card doesn’t work. So this morning before I go into the location in Hampton Cove I call the 8hunert number to see what the problem is.

A real life American answers the phone and looks up my account and said the card hasn’t ever been activated. Noshit I said! He said he fixed it and all is fine. Something about my email address with the card number wasn’t correct. I said so it will work now? He said yes.

So I go into the store and get my coffee and when the clerk swiped my card she said it wasn’t working. I said give it to someone else this is ridiculous! She then said “ but you could be getting free stuff.”

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!