Had a big lone boar come in yesterday evening put what looked to be a great shot on him at 18 yards quartering slightly away but I'm pretty sure I caught the shoulder on the off side because I only had about 12 inches of penetration. I gave him about 30 minutes before I climbed down and met up with dad. Dad saw the whole thing go down and agreed that the shot placement looked good. We slowly followed a the blood trail for about 100 yards until we got to the edge of a grown up pipeline. We stopped to get our bearings and started hearing labored breathing/gurgling from a briar patch about 15 yards away. It's probably important to mention that I left my light at home and dad's light had died so we were trailing with our cell phone lights. After a few minutes trying to decide what to do I went in after him with my 10mm. I could see him laying on his side about 5 yards away with the arrow about middle ways up and 4 inches behind the shoulder. I was lining up the shot with my 10mm when the hog got up and came right at me i threw 4 or 5 shots at him and he turned and crashed into some thicker crap. We decided to back out I'm going to ease down there this afternoon to see if I can find him and atleast get my arrow bacl

We will burn that bridge when we get there