Well, it was what we thought it was……arra was buried up way back on the deer. I’ll say it again….if you’re gonna miss, you’re better off to miss too far back than hit it in the shoulder. There wasn’t a whole lot to this track. The buck probably went 200-250 yards but wasn’t putting out much blood at all due to where it was hit. Otis just pretty much walked a line right to it.

I did get Shelby on this one too and I was really pleased with how she behaved. I kept her on lead working about 30 yards behind Otis so I could keep her controlled. She was her normal excited self before we started but once we got to tracking, she settled down and focused on the line like a champ. You could tell she was sure enough tracking the deer too. I was really happy with how she kept her nose on the ground because of how much she likes to wind things with it up in the air. I’ve always been afraid it might be challenging to get her to ground scent but she seems to naturally do both. The only thing she needs now is a little more maturity to take care of that puppy excitement so me and the lead don't have to be her self-control.

My pics turned out blurry for some reason so I don’t have the classic “Otis eating the arse” pic…..Sorry I’ll try to do better next time. grin

Last edited by CNC; 10/18/17 04:11 AM.

We dont rent pigs