Originally Posted By: Clem
No way that eight coaches in the SEC get whacked in one year.

Orgeron saved his job today with Gus's debacle; going 7-5 or even 8-4 again and a chitty bowl might cost Gus his job but I doubt it.

Sumlin probably saved his job; he has a true freshman QB and looks to be getting things going.

McElwain will get another year at least.

Butch - gone. Barry Odom at Mizzou - gone. Dunno about Stoops at UK or the guy at Vandy.

I agree all won't lose their job this year. That's why I said in my original post "by the end of next season".

I don't see any way McElwain survives. I think the only two question marks are Sumlin and Orgeron. I still think they both crap the bed several more times and are gone by end of next season. The main deterrent is probably lack of good candidates.

Which brings up another question. If you are one of the programs that know you are canning your coach, do you wait until seasons end to do it knowing your going to have several other programs looking for a new coach at that time, or do you do you go find your new coach now and give your current coach his walking papers mid season?

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard