Im gonna hunt for sure! cant wait. Hunting a little thin, long greenfield I planted where the deer cross coming to bed in my thicket.

A real nice oak tree 30 yards away! They come from one thicket to another across a 50 yard wide opening.

I saw a lone good buck there a couple weeks ago crossing it.

Im set up right there in a 16 ft ladder. Fingers crossed. Gonna hunt it opening am and pm. He was heading to that oak tree when I saw him.

Same place I shot one side off the antlers of that nice buck I got last year during gun with a second chance. thumbup

Im freaking pumped..and Ive already hunted in KY 3 times!

Its opening day! cmon yall..its like a tradition, gotta get out there!
The am wont be bad here 62 degrees it shows.

The afternoon will be a little worse but its a short walk and an easy climb up that ladder. Thermal cell going...man...I love early archery.

Like others have stated, next to the rut the best time for me to get on good bucks. Still on their feed patterns though concentrating more on acorns then greenfields and ag crops.

Heck, early archery in KY I saw tons of deer every sit. Ive already passed a couple mid 120's and a low 130 or 2 there early archery. And it was hotter there by far then this.

I got a nice 8 point early archery last year..and I had to bring a washcloth to wipe the sweat off my face after I got in stand. kept my hat off for 30 minutes so my hair would dry from the sweat.

But 3 good uns came in and ate a few acorns from three acorn trees in a 40-50 wide greenfield that day, on the way to my neighbors big ag fields.

cant shoot em from the house. thumbup

Last edited by outdoorobsession; 10/12/17 01:36 PM.