Originally Posted By: countryjwh
Just got the easiest swarm I ever got. Guy called and had it back at the house in 15 minutes. Don’t know if they’ll make it but gonna try. Got a few frames of comb but don’t want to put any brood in there yet from my others unless I just have too. Should have plenty of honey for them from the other hives though. Also gonna feed them to to help me out.

There's lots that I don't know but I've never heard of a swarm this time of year. I caught a "swarm" about 2 months ago and I'm fairly sure they weren't a swarm. I figure that they absconded from their hive due to wax moths, small hive beetles or excessive mites.

You'll need to feed the snot out of them and give them a frame of pollen for certain if they're going to make it. If you've got a hive that's really strong they can probably give up a frame of pollen, but I'd check to make sure it's not the only frame of it that they have. Mine are still bringing in lots of Goldenrod pollen. If you don't have any around your house, move them to a source of Goldenrod. They can't make the "winter" bees they've got to have without pollen.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14