Originally Posted By: Reno
Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
Originally Posted By: Reno
Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
Originally Posted By: abolt300
Originally Posted By: JayHook
Went on an Arkansas youth duck hunt with my boys 10 years ago. Warden sitting beside me passing out copper plated lead 20 ga shells! LOL said they need all the help they can get!

Now that is the attitude that the Gw's should have on these youth hunts. It is about the kids. Make it enjoyable and fun and they will become lifelong hunters.

Teaching them that breaking the law is ok for some folks. Makes perfect sense. No thanks.

On a youth hunt like what was mentioned, I don't see a problem with giving youngsters/inexperienced shooters an added edge. As already mentioned, it'll help keep them interested.

I believe in playing by the rules but throwing some different shells in a gun and saying "hey kid, try these" hasn't taught them anything other than he's shooting a different shell... Your average kid could care less if its copper, steel, lead or whatever

The shot is either toxic or not. Whom shoots it doesn't matter. If you don't teach them the right way when they're young, when do you start?

I totally agree with teaching kids right from wrong... But, if on a youth hunt like what was stated and a GW hands me a few shells that will give my son a better chance at success, I won't hesitate to load them up. If you don't tell the kid there is a difference, he won't know there is one. Therefore, he hasn't learned anything

You got one thing right, he hasn't learned anything. Nice mentoring. No thanks.

83% of all statistics are made up.