Originally Posted By: Drdeadchef
I must agree with the opening poster on this. I feel that his arrogant behavior and statements about how this place only exists because of him, was a poor poor representation of the Al DCNR. I personally heard him yelling at at grown man about a mistake rather take that moment and listen to him he treated him like a child. He also made several comments that were just not right. He told one child he obviously knew that don't worry you will get to kill a deer out here this year. To my knowledge those hunts are a random draw, how the hell did he know that? He also said that he would end the hunt when he felt like it, probably early if his college got beat, which apparently it got the crap beat out of em.
I think someone to take him down a few notches, the cattle ranch is not "his personal place". He spoke to all of as thought he was the landowner, not a state employee doing what he is paid to do. I respect his passion but I think he may be disillusioned in stating that this is "his" place.
As far as the ending the hunt early, that was just crap. I drove a total 4.5 hours to for less than 3 hours of hunting. Shooting light had at least another hour and 20 minutes. I understand not shooting the roost, but they is not another hunt scheduled there to mid October. So I hope the birds he saved for his friends were there , cause he damn sure screwed the kids out of what had started to be a very good hunt for them.
I would like to return and hunt it again but maybe the state should have someone else run that hunt and give him the Saturday off.

Did you see any freshly disced soil and fresh wheat?