Originally Posted By: Bigsob
Firstly, every youth dove hunt at the ranch for the past several years has ended about 5:30, maybe a little research next time.

Secondly, his daughter was not out there unwarranted, she registered, just like everyone else, had her son there with her, and even waited for all of ya'll to go first to the field. Someone did show up without a child, but it wasn't her!

It absolutely me that someone would gripe about a free hunt(and no, you can not fuss about ammo, gas, gun repair...you'd had to do that anywhere), that is supposed to be for the kids, guess some guys miss the point.

Bill puts a hell of a lot work into that place and your children are one of the main reasons. Maybe, just maybe, you should try thanking him and the wildlife freshwater fishery guys for doing it instead of complaining. The alternative to them not being there means no more dove hunts. If you didn't like the hunt, don't go back.........I'm pretty sure they wont miss you.

I wasn't at this hunt but I would think that all this could have been avoided if the state had posted the time they intended to end the hunt so everyone signing up would have known before hand,especially if that time is anything other than the end of legal hunting time.

The only way for anyone to know when it ended was if they had been there before,or personally knew someone who had. What kind of research could a person do to find out about a hunt that they had never been to or knew of anyone who had been to?