Originally Posted By: perchjerker
How does he still use it Recurve? The only ones I saw weighed over 30 pounds at the least. Probably more. I bet most were just left on trees when the owner had enjoyed using it as much as they could stand. I've found at least three grown into trees.

I have no idea. I've never used one or even seen him climb with them. From what I understand you have to bear hug the tree to climb? I also need to make a correction to my previous statement. He doesn't use it as much anymore due to shoulder/back problems. I know last year he found a good spot and put it around the tree and left it. Ended up killing a good 9 point out of it with his Black Widow. So my correction is, he doesn't use it much anymore and mainly sticks to lock ons that I hang for him... crazy

He uses those Climax stands I mentioned earlier. I use them too but also have a couple others (M25 to name one). They are awesome stands but heavy and tough to hang. The swing arm under the platform that allows you to hang it in any tree and have level is a blessing and a curse because on top of being heavy, the bracket that attaches the swing arm to the platform is thick and sturdy so a lot of the weight is in the front.

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There�s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. � Ronald Reagan