Originally Posted By: bamaeyedoc
Originally Posted By: Dallas County
Originally Posted By: 3toe
Originally Posted By: bamaeyedoc
Pi Kappa Phi

Dr. B

What's up brother.

Yall were Ping Pongs?

I reckon so! Was president of my chapter (AUM) and it definitely prepared me for later challenges. I hate that my the chapter fell apart. The nature of the college has changed from when I was in school. Most of us went to school full time and worked (some of us) part time which gave us plenty of time for social functions and the like. Most kids at that school now work full time and juggle an almost full time job so fraternity stuff gets squeezed out. Some of us alumni have talked about maybe getting the chapter reorganized but that's as far as it's gotten.

For me, being in a fraternity was one of the best decisions I ever made. 30 years later I still talk to some of my brothers every week. Closest and best friends I've ever had. Some of my best times in my life included those guys. In fact, one came in as a patient yesterday.

Oh, as as far as Huntingdon goes, those AO Pi's could freakin drink! When we had swaps with those chicks, we had to buy waaaaaay extra beer. Some of those girls could drink our guys under the table. Embarrassing but true. We called them A-O Pisces because they could drink like fish! Had I gone to HC I would have pledged Kappa Sigma. My dad was one at University of Georgia and my son pledged KS at Mississippi State.

Dr. B

When were you at AUM? I graduated in 90.

Graduated in 1988. I knew several of y'all. Sean Custard, Donnie Sasser, and Jay Aughtman among others.

Dr. B

Last edited by bamaeyedoc; 09/20/17 05:17 PM.

AKA: “Dr. B”
Aldeer #121
8-3-2000
Proud alum of AUM, UAB, and UA
Member of Team 10 Point
2023-2024 ALdeer Deer Contest Winners

Glennis Jerome "Jerry" Harris
1938-2017
UGA Class of 1960
BS/MS Forestry
LTJG, USNR