Sunday at lunch I bit down on a tiny piece of bone in a bite of pork chop. I didn't feel anything out of the normal at the time. Sunday night I grabbed a handful of peanuts and when I bit down on one of them I had a sharp shooting pain in one of my lower molars.

Pain kept getting worse so Monday morning I called my dentist and got worked in around lunch. I thought I had a filling coming out, but ends up that I broke the cusp off that molar. Doc said I'd need a crown. A little grinding later, he fits me with a temp crown and I'll go back in 3 weeks to get the permanent one. I asked if I would be getting a root canal prior to getting the permanent crown and he said he saw no reason to think I'd need one.

So I sort of expected my toof to still hurt yesterday, but even today I can't chew anything on that side without a shooting pain in that tooth. Not even soft food like bread.

This is my first crown and I don't know what to expect. I'm gonna call the dentist in the morning but I thought I'd see what the aldeer expert crew thought. I consider myself part of the aldeer expert crew so I'm gonna throw out that the pain isn't normal and I'm gonna need a root canal, but I hate to answer my own questions. laugh

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14