My biggest issue with a lot of the slings I see is the use of plastic for the hardware. Plastic can break and it will happen at the worst possible time. I won't use a sling with plastic parts. I have been using a couple of old Uncle Mike's padded slings for over 30 years most of the time and like them. I finally found a neoprene sling with metal hardware made by Allen this year and will see if I like it. For my "pretty" guns I like to use a Brownells Latigo sling. It's essentially a leather super sling type sling and it looks good, even though it will slip on your shoulder a little.

I usually carry a rifle in my hands when walking to my stand and use a pull up rope in my treestands. I also like to take the sling off when I'm in a shooting house and like the quick detach swivels. I don't like the newer style swivels I see on a lot of the slings like the Claw.

R. H. - that sling you posted looks like a good one except in the pictures on their site it looks like the buckle is plastic. Is this correct?

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe