I guess this is a what would yall do kind of question. I put up a trail cam 2 weeks ago on some public land close to the house. Not much access to this property. I use to hunt this property as a kid but havent been on it for about 15 years. I went to pull the cam yesterday, it was on a old salt lick that has been there as long as I can remember. When I get to the cam it was not on the tree like I left it. I went to unlock the lock and none of my keys would open it. So I make trip back to the house and got some bolt cutters. When I opened the cam it was off and all the pics were deleted. Best I can tell they cut the lock and looked at the pics and deleted them somehow. And then put another lock on it.
Most people think when you delete pics off a SD card that there gone. Well that isnt the case. A buddy of mine is sharp with this kind of stuff and he got back all the pics on the card. I went thru the pics and had pics of the SOB. I know him well. I called him and ask if he has came across any cams in the woods this year. Of course he said no, that he was disabled and wasnt able to get around in the mountain much any more. I keep my cool and didnt tell him I had the sd pics restored. Just trying to figure out what to do about it without going to jail. LOL.........