My first bow kill was a doe. 25 yard shot about 75 yard recovery. My first buck was kinda illegal. In 2014 the Mississippi game law hand book that was issued state wide had a major typo. The south zone they had wrote it in the book that the season would start oct 1 as well as the north zone. I figured it was odd being the season normally starts oct 15 but figured since it was in the damn book then what the heck oct 1 it is. After three long days in the stand I figured the buck I was hunting had caught on to me since he hadn't shown himself like he had been every day on camera. I was just about to throw in the towel when I looked up and there he was at 15 yards. A beautiful full velvet big eight point. I let the the rage fly and drilled the buck. He ran about 50 yards and pulled up. Later while posting pics to buddies I was informed the season hasn't came in yet in the south zone and Mississippi law enforcement made a typo for the season that year. So that let the wind out of my sail but after doing some research the local game warden said they had to honor it nothing they could do about it being it was posted state wide.