I'll tell you what I know. The fields that are normally planted near hwy 10 and the ones planted off of Landview were bust the last time I was by there which would have been within the last 2 weeks. Nothing really ever came up. I talked to Chas Moore around that time and he said something about they were thinking of top sowing wheat but I don't know if that will happen or not. He also told me that the millet field off of 270 west of coalmont rd. had been planted. I was over there Saturday (before I got my truck stuck) and there was millet coming up, it's not quite mature I don't think and the field really looked pretty poorly compared to previous year. I doubt if 50 % came up. On Saturday I entered through the 270 gate which was open. Today both the 270 and Lindsey Rd. gates were locked and some guy I stopped to talk to who said he worked out there was giving me what for about wanting to get back there. He mentioned Chas Moore and I told him I'd spoken to Chas a couple weeks ago and he indicated that one of those gates, probably the Lindsey rd. gate would be open Sept. 1. In reality it was the 270 gate which is now locked. He started talking about calling Chas and I said "great" pulled out my phone and beat him to it. I got no answer but left a message. So the answer is, ... I'm not sure if that millet field will be accessible or not.

I'm sure that probably doesn't help at all but that's what I know.

There's something weird going on at Cahaba. I'm not sure what it is but I wonder if Colonial or someone isn't starting to exert pressure to keep people out of there or something, I don't know but it's getting harder to hunt out there.