Originally Posted By: Fun4all
Let's see Fairley was in the act of shedding a blocker, had his hands on Cutler, Fairley continues playing football, Cutler throws the ball while Fairley is in the process of tackling Cutler and takes him to the ground. Sounds like football to me. Damn, what am I thinking, you are supposed to stop playing football when the QB wants you instead of when the whistle blows to stop the play. Yep, Cutler is an overpaid WUSS. Good thing Cutler chose Professional touchy feely sports and didn't take up boxing or the UFC where you are supposed to protect yourself at all times until the referee stops the action.

Look, I love good hard nosed football like anyone else, but this is football and not a anything goes fight to the death steel cage match.

Fairley squared up Cutler after he had dumped the ball off drove him towards the back of the end zone until he could wrap him up behind his knees, and then drove him into the turf and ground his helmet into the guy as he buried him. The body slam occurred after the pass was incomplete and the whistle blew. The ref was right there and threw the yellow hanky.

I think Fairley is a great player, but I also think he has problems controlling himself after the whistle blows. There have been players in the past that had the same problems Haynesworth, Romanowski, etc. Romanowski was a great football player, but he's more known for cheap shots and spitting in peoples faces. That's the road Fairley is on, and has been since college.

Y'all think we are picking on Fairley because he played at Auburn, but there have been hundreds of D Linemen through Auburn that weren't labeled dirty.

There is a vast difference between good hard nosed football and dirty play. Look at the yellow hankies he has gotten over the past two years.

Let me ask you a question Fun4all,

If Fairley came in and speared Cutler right in the knees and broke both his legs, would Cutler still be a pussy by your logic?

"Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters."

-- Archibald Rutledge