1. Tell me why everyone is buying the synthetic rope these days instead of the wire rope/cable? The only thing I can think of is the rope is lighter, might not splinter and cut your hand. Anything else?

2. What size winch to buy... 2k, 2.5k, 3k, 3.5k lb. rated winch? To answer y'alls question up front (what are you going to do with the winch?) - I plan to only use this winch to pull either my stuck 4-wheeler or someone else's stuck 4-wheeler out until they (or me) are unstuck and moving on their own again. Might also use it to pull a deer out of a ditch or something similar. What I'm NOT going to do is drag logs with it, drag stuck trucks with it, etc. Seems to me that a 2000 lb. winch would suffice, but having never owned one I'm looking for advice from those of y'all who have them, used them, etc.

One last thing - I'll be putting the winch on a Yamaha Kodiak 700 that I intend to keep for (hopefully) 12-15 years, if not longer. I don't mind stepping up and getting the bigger winch if it's a justifiable need.

Thanks.

Jesus... I hope you know Him personally like I do.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Proud crossbow hunter!