Not at all Quailman. Youve always been great on here.

I was just trying to keep it as short as possible too.

Its just a very complicated deal. Much more then folks realize!

Ive seen so many folks think they were going to do a show and sponsors were gonna flock to them. They sign up with the network,..THEN go to find sponsors.

The secret is to have the sponsors BEFOREHAND committed. That way youre using their gear ALREADY and if you do your job and get the harvests and the viewers,..then theyll write the check.

I see guys sign up, then go to the ATA and SHOT show trying to hustle spots...and there are 750 other producers doing the same thing!

The businesses at the SHOT and ATA are trying to get customers from archery, gun, hunting shops, both large and mom and pop's.

They HATE taking time away from SELLING at a trade show that cost them a fortune to talk to 700 wanna be hunting show producers!

Then they end up not getting sponsors, getting desperate, 2nd mortgage on a house...still no sponsors. Lose said house,..of course wife get pissed..."You and youre stupid ideas..see ya.."

Financial ruin, loss of a happy wife/marriage/family etc.

I started when there were very few shows as first a videographer..then an editor. And only because I was a guide/outfitter .
We knew the companies, the heads of them and the industry. Also, in 1999 there werent one TENTH of the shows.

There are 1200 hunting companies ( or were) and only 50 or so shows. Most wanted commercials,..so it was easy to raise cash, sponsors and get supported.

Now,..750 PLUS shows...still around 1200 companies. All are badgered, hounded, approached multiple times each day!

Tough row to hoe now. When I saw the money getting tight, I retired. I did it for a job...not for anything else. My own neighbors did not know what I did.

Now days people think theyll get famous. Heck..most people in the world who DO NOT hunt,..dont know who Lee and Tiffiany or Micheal Waddell are.

Last edited by outdoorobsession; 08/22/17 02:02 PM.