I had 3 chances to take a deer with a bow. The first I snuck in walking a couple of steps at a time then freezing. Had a doe blow at me but i stayed still and waited. then I finally made it to my tree with my stand that was set up on a trail. Heard a family of deer coming and panicked. Through my stand on the tree and tried to get in the stand. As i was climbing on my climber i looked back and there was a 2 yr old doe looking at me but didnt know what i was . The bow was on the ground and i was upside down lol. I should have just sat beside a tree and waited instead of rushing to get into one. I still have not killed a deer with a bow yet but i learned so much last season and finally started seeing deer after 1.5 years of hunting the property. This year i got some climbing sticks and a hangon so i can hang and hunt this year to get in some good trees i saw last year. Also i have some trail cameras that i will be setting up sometime this week and not checking them until the last week of September. I love this blog cause i have picked up a few things as well. hope i can get any deer this season with a bow.