I just got back from a family vacay to PCB an hour ago, fished on both piers 3 days (Fri, Sat, Sun). Overall it was slower than previous trips, but had some really neat experiences. I didn't see anybody catch anything large, BUT I had two humongous tarpons make an idiot of me! LOL

I always take 3 or 4 of my bass rods, nothing special, and a backpack with some boxes of tackle/equipment. I don't spend much time on the end of the pier with the wannabe pros, but I'll wander out there throughout the morning and make some casts. I like to throw a 6" flutter spoon, and I'm just throwing it on my 7'-6" Heavy bass rod with 15lb flouro. I caught several decent Spanish, some oddly big remoras, and I did land about a 10lb jack!! But twice Saturday morning I had a tarpon (looked 6 or 7 feet long and big around as a man) roll on my spoon!!!!!....trust me, it's over quick, but it's awesome for the 10 seconds I have them on! LOL

The dolphins were awful this time, they took 5 fish away from me. And I've never seen dolphins this big, one in particular had to have been substantially over 10' long and half as big around as a dern car! He/She would sit at the bottom of the pier with it's mouth open begging for fish. Lots and lots of giant sea turtles too, they were neat.

Last edited by ikillbux; 08/14/17 12:38 PM.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.