Quote:
And to answer your question, if you're a bass fisherman, you're likely to much more enjoy chasing them in the marsh as opposed to anchoring in a pass or setting up off the beach and trying to catch bulls. It's put the trolling motor down and beat the bank type fishing. When you hook an 8-10lb fish in a foot of water and there's only one way he can go...wooo boy!

This, in spades. Being in a shallow marsh, where you can maybe see them tailing or just the ripples, throwing something like a cocahoe or spinnerbait (bring plenty), a wake bait or something, damn. It's mind-blowing.

The power, yes, from the small to large, is amazing. You don't have to throw 65-pound braid or have broomsticks, but you can't go with half-assed tackle, either IMO. I've fished with my bass rods and 17-pound fluorocarbon but I'd probably not go with less than 14 and don't mind braid at all, like up to 30-pound test (which has the smaller diameter). Just remember to clean the rods and reel with freshwater every day.

The big bulls are fun, and having one explode on a big topwater popper makes your balls tingle. But I'd almost rather catch numbers of smaller ones in the 7-10+ range with consistency than the big ones. They're fun but they can wear you out and take time to get in. But I wouldn't turn them down, of course.

Dang, y'all got me excited for redfish now. I'm gon' to have to get my Whopper Ploppers boxed up and go down there.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020