The lab puppy and I went made a pass thru the farm and I had a feeling it was gonna be one of them days to see some hogs. I went to check a field where I had found the last fresh sign I had seen. We passed the fields and didn't see anything. Turned around and happen to see a big black hog standing on a field levee. I got out and laid the 6.8 across the hood of the Nissan. I guessed it to be about 300 yds. Put the circle on and sent it to it. I heard it hit and saw the hog stumble and take out across the field. Tried to put another in it but I stood a better chance at winning the lottery. Something caught my eye and I saw another hog come across levee and stop. I put the circle on it and dropped it right there. Another hog and a baby came across in a dead run. Threw a couple at them but no dice. And another came running across and stopped at the edge of the field. I put my 400yd circle on it and sent it. I heard it hit and saw the hog flip off the levee. Ran home and got my 4 wheeler and headed back out there. Now it's dark and the skeeters are BAD. I go to the one that dropped and see that it's a big sow. I find the blood trail on the 1st one and follow it to edge of field and into the trees. Got to thinking about the size of the hog and decided I probably shouldn't be in them trees in the dark. Went to where I shot the 3rd one and found good blood but it went into some thick briars. Decided to wait to go look for them in the morning. It's a small block of trees so if they are in there I will find them. Once again hit 3 outa the 5 hogs I saw.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.