Originally Posted By: Jakethesnake
We once went inside the turbine doors in a glass boat. Calm going in. An hour later it got rough in there. Had a hard time throttling out of the entrance. The water was really boiling up wards and flowwing backwards into the dam rear wall. Pushing us back inside. Everytime my partner accelerated the boat would cut off. We would be pushed back inside and fixin to slam into the rear concrete enclosure. I had to stand up at the rear of boat and push us off the rear wall. After 4 times of it cranking and stalling out at the front entrance and pushing us back to the wall, it finally cranked and acceleratted outside. The water inside had risen to the point our heads were hitting the ceiling. The bow of the boat was inches off the ceiling and water still climbing. We got out rite before it was too late. He thought i had been in there before so he wanted to try it. I thought he had been in there before. Turns out neither of us had been in there. I will never go in there. We didnt hear an alarm. We did see the water start to boil and over time the pool was rising. When we decided we better get out it was almost too late. Our heads were leaned over so we wouldnt hit the roof it had risen so much. Turned out it was my parteners brothers boat that had not been taken out in 3 years. I had no idea. Never trust anyone elses boat. I really thought i was gonna drown that morning. About 7 years ago

NEVER go under the dam with the turbines off and you won't have this issue.

Originally Posted By: Wiley Coyote
Originally Posted By: BC
Sounds like I can safely navigate close to the dam

I got a ticket while actually tied to the dam back in the 70s so, yes, you can get as close as you want, or dare.

I got a ticket while under the dam. That damn life jacket was hot and I needed to cool off. That warden that pulled up to the dam, in his boat, and saw us under there, without our life jackets on, wasn't impressed. laugh

-------------------