Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb
it is and thats what i had figured after i really got to looking at it

I guess everyone has their own idea of what makes a good dove shoot. I think 50 is more than enough for a field that size. Looking at the math a little different, if you had one stander in the center of every acre, you would have all the standers 70 yds apart. So if I shoot at a bird that is 40 yds away, that same bird will only be 30 yds away from the next guy. Too close for me.

I don't want another guy within 100 yds of me. That way if a bird is within range of me he is out of range of the next guy. And to me 100 yds is the very minimum; it doesn't hurt a thing if standers are 150 or 200 yds apart. I've hunted on 100 acre fields with 5 or 6 guys and had great hunts. If nobody is sky blasting at them, doves that are using the field will eventually fly by someone and give them a reasonable shot.
Thanks for setting up the hunt, Beadle. I know you are probably gonna get all sorts of "ideas" from those of us who did none of the work to set it up, and I don't mean to add to that. It's your hunt, so limit it the way you want. I just wanted to offer a different perspective from some of the others. If I can't make the first, I sure hope you hold another one I can make.
Wow, 100 acres with 6 guys seems a tad underkill. Not saying you couldn't have a good hunt but whew