Modoc, I don't think anyone meant to hurt your feelings or be rude; it's just that the crews that used to do jobs like that are now out of business.

Thinking back over my life, I've had 5 different timber removals done close to my houses. The first 2 were back in the 80s. One of them was about 10 big pines right in my yard next to the house. The crew got 2 loads of wood and left the limbs for me, but I didn't have to pay them. I later had some trees behind that house cut, again for free.

In the 90s, I had about an acre clearcut for a house site. There was nothing dangerous about it, so I got a check for just over $100 for stumpage. I made the mistake of leaving 4 sweetgums close to the house, and last year paid a guy $500 to cut them and he sold the logs and left the limbs for me.

I also had some trees cut by the camp by a guy from Selma. He had to use a bucket truck on some of them and spent most of the day on it. He got 2 loads of wood, and I paid him $900.

If you really want them moved, I could pm you his name and number. He isn't that far from you and would probably do the job, but it sounds like from your description that it's likely a deal where you give him the trees and some money too. He has a truck the holds about 8 tons, so he ain't gonna get rich hauling from Chilton co. Good luck getting them cut.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.