modoc_333: hope my light hearted response was worth something to you. I learned the hard way to avoid those type jobs, but that doesn't mean you can't find somebody who might do it for you. I wish you the best.

In my early years of procurement, I had a guy who was interested in selling 20 acres of timber behind his house. He had the drive-way I described above, and I knew what the log trucks were going to destroy it. He adamantly told me that there's no way a log truck could destroy 3 inches of concrete. I finally convinced him, but he almost had a heart attack when I suggested putting a culvert in and making an entrance on the edge of his yard. He almost blew a fuse, then (rookie mistake) I mentioned to him that the culvert and dozer work would have to come out of the total value of the timber. He did come unglued then, asking me why he was on the hook for the cost of the culvert and work. My response was that it was a necessary in order to get the timber from behind his house to the road, which lead to the mill. He fussed for a while longer and I finally asked him if he eats cereal for breakfast. Puzzled, he said he did. I then asked him if he thought he was just buying the milk and the cereal, or was he also buying the plastic jug and the box the goods came in too. He lost it then and I was invited to leave. A month later I drove by his place and someone was cutting his timber, and coming out a new entrance on the edge of his yard, complete, with culvert in place. I guess I blew my chance to by his timber, all the while educating him on what it would take to get it out and to the mill.

You gonna pull them pistols, or whistle Dixie?