A point to this conversation that usually isn't talked about is this-

It's always "that guy" who you really don't want sharing your stands. Not sure if that makes sense....you know what I mean?

In all the situations I've personally been in like that, I've never had another one of the "good" hunters want to share my places, nor would I have cared though if THEY did. For me it was always that guy who was a lazy hunter, never scouted, probably didn't even show up for work days, then shows up on opening day of gun season and climbs in your ladder/house, with the wrong wind (which is why you weren't in it to start with). LOL Most of us were somewhat private with our spots to start with...you might have known my truck was parked at such-n-such gate, but you didn't really know I walked with my climber into that cluster of white oaks off the back side of that cutover a mile down the roadbed. Only a few of us even knew that spot was there, and even fewer would work that hard to hunt it. But if there's a shooting house on the powerline, you can bet yo fanny every one of "those guys" were always hunting it.

I don't think it's as much about YOU as it is them. If YOU built a shooting house on our club--literally it was YOUR labor and money, not "club" labor and money--then I would probably never hunt out of it unless we were tighter than usual buddies and/or you had expressly insisted that I hunt it. But many fellas don't see it that way.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.