I guess it is possible that I've missed some interviews or speeches over the last 5 years. But I've never seen Freeze speak about how "good" of a Christian he is, never heard him spout that he was better than anyone else as far as faith is concerned. But he has publicly preached and promoted the need for Jesus and spoke to encourage young men to live right. Speaking up doesn't always mean that someone is self righteous. I've followed the program thru the media and I've attended multiple events and fundraisers where Freeze has spoken/preached. But perhaps I've missed it.

Was he living one way while talking a different way? Yes, apparently so. He really made some horrible decisions which are doing great damage on multiple fronts.

I'm not trying to protect him. But some of the comments I see are just inaccurate or speculative while others are enjoying the downfall. Freeze brought this on himself by not standing firm in the face of temptation. No way around that.

I think Ben Franklin (or someone else?) said this about heroes:

It's always best to choose a hero or role model from history (already dead) because the living can still disappoint you

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams