49th day theory STILL holds true. Why? Because I can control what socialization/exposure happens if I have the pup. If you KNOW what the level/type of exposures are if pup remains at breeder/trainer, no worries. If you don't, 6weeks might not be too early, and 8wks could be too late. New or old, it's ALL theory. The intent behind the earlier theory is just as good today, as it was back when. In a PERFECT scenario for YOUR desires w/the dog, pup can stay indefinitely. JME

....and not that I care to keep up w/the dog world since I stopped working with them, but seems 'ENS' is just a name for half the stuff good breeders and trainers did in different ways, for decades. It's still theory, and what works for you/your dogs is what counts....whether that's some strict ENS or exposing the bitch to sights/sounds/smells while pups are still in the womb....certain witchcraft to all of it, and my 'superstitions' are no better or worse, I'd say.

AND: I talked my son (who wants to help with pup stages) into waiting until after football season and getting a pup so we have time to do it right with his involvement.

Sooo....the dreaded 'Christmas Puppy' seems about right timing.....there's some more dog sacrilege for you. LOL

Seriously....need one ready between November and January....or maybe later

Last edited by ALMODUX; 07/20/17 09:14 AM.