Originally Posted By: centralala
I build mine 1). To last, and 2). To accommodate the hunter. More on that later. 6x6 shooting house. 6x6 back porch. The height is what the terrain dictates. Usually 12-14 high. The one I'm working on now will be metal exterior. I fram it like a house. Metal on outside and roof including over porch. Roll insulation between studs, rafters, and floor joist mainly for sound. Inside is OSB. Over the OSB is carpet. Floors, walls, and roof are carpet. Bottom of floor joist is plywood. Stairs with rails and railing around porch

All of this trying to create an atmosphere a small child can handle a long sit. They can get in the floor and play with hotwheels, coloring book, take a nap, whatever. Also want it to be able to accommodate a wheelchair and multiple people.

Odd thing is the favorite thing of all kids is peeing off the back porch that high up.

I'd like to see a picture of one of them when you're finished if you don't mind. Just curious as I can't see myself putting all that into a shooting house. If you need my cell # to text me a pic, just shoot me a PM.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.