Originally Posted By: bill

Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Originally Posted By: bill

Originally Posted By: BPI
Originally Posted By: bholmes
Very traditional and I love it that way, as it has been said, not there to be entertained. Also, the preaching is traditional, I know where I stand before God when I leave. I appreciate the church the way church used to be.

If we all went back to the way the church sho nuff used to be then we would go sell everything we own and give as people have a need. We would spend days in prayer with one another and no one would go without. Also, we would share the Gospel and our testimony to the point of death and persecution would be a given not something unusual. Anyone coming if that's the deal because that's traditional church.

Yet in our western culture, we split churches over music preference. Go figure.

It's all about what we can get out of church instead of what we can give to God and to others. How the music makes US feel and how the church can meet OUR needs.

So we aren't supposed to get anything out of church? Hm.... Then why do we go? We can worship the Lord by ourselves every day.

The singing is to worship and praise God. It isn't for our pleasure, It's for God's. The teaching is for our benefit if it's biblical. God says we are to assemble together and encourage one another. We definitely benefit from a bible based church but that benefit is ultimately to the glory of God if we keep the two greatest commandments as our top priority.

Good post bill.

"Said I never had much use for one; never said I didn't know how to use it".
-Matthew Quigley in "Quigley Down Under"