Originally Posted By: GomerPyle
Originally Posted By: bholmes
I appreciate the church the way church used to be.

I'm not picking on you, so please don't take it that way......we actually addressed that exact sentiment one sunday in church.

Part of Jesus' teaching was that we are to go out and spread the word, bring people to Jesus. The Church's job isn't to pacify the people already coming every sunday, it's to reach the people that don't already know Christ. If changing "traditional" aspects of the service attracts even 1 unsaved person and causes them to consider a relationship with Jesus, then it's worth it. I heard a preacher once define "Love" as putting others' needs ahead of your own, and doing what is best for them, not yourself. And that translates to a worship service, just like anything else. As a regular attender, we all probably have certain things that we like "the way they are" and don't want them changed, but if that change (as long as it doesn't go against Biblical teachings) can potentially attract new people to Christ, then as Christians, we should consider putting that ahead of our own unwillingness to change. And for those of us who already know Jesus and have a relationship with Him, if changing an aspect of the service is enough to "push us away", then we have a bigger problem than the service itself.

There are aspects of our service that I don't particularly like, but it doesn't affect my faith. And if there's a chance that it could attract someone else to Jesus, then by all means, have at it.

I understand your point and was simply stating my preference when I said what I said. Anything done with the right intent and spirit is fine, that said, I don't want to feel like I'm at the club when I'm at church. As long as the message stays the same. Not here to argue or fight guys.