Originally Posted By: Cactus_buck
It's not only "bad for you" it's bad for everybody else. Hospital related visits to cannibis go up. Property crime goes up, accidents (car and job related)go up because they're stoned. They lose time at work cuz their stoned (read the articles I posted with evidence to back up time lost at work) and then when they can't work they can't pay their bills and they end up on a social program or stealing to make ends meet. It's a spiral. All that ($ lost related to crime, health bills, car accidents, and wages lost) for taxes? It's not worth it. In the end I will bet you $$ that it costs more in the long run just to legalize something because it's the "trendy" thing to do.

To base the whole argument on it helps with revenue is a completely near sighted excuse.

Not only that... they're dumber for it. People that smoke pot on habitual basis are just plain stupid. I deal with them all the time.

Are you going to start smoking up if it's legalized? What makes you think that legalizing it will make people that are against it start smoking it? What makes you think that keeping it illegal will keep people from smoking it?