I have a .308 blued T3 with black synthetic stock which has been my main deer rifle for two or three years. It's sub-MOA and likes the 165grain Federal Sierra Game Kings.

I also have a blued, walnut stocked T3 in .260 which is also sub-MOA.

I'll probably make it my main deer rifle this year except for short range woods where I want to use a .45-70 Marlin Guide Gun (just because).

Like Shaw says, the synthetic stocks aren't anything to get excited about, but they work, and you don't have to worry about getting them messed up in the rain or in the woods.

I think Tikkas are good value for the money. The fact that the barrels come out of the same hopper that the barrels for the Sakos do is a significant consideration. Their triggers are excellent too, and don't require any after market work.

The T3s keep the price down by only building their actions scaled for long action cartridges, even when they're chambered for short action calibers, but I wouldn't consider that a noticeable downside unless I were in the market for a truly lightweight mountain rifle for hunting Dall Sheep or such.

Colt1917