Originally Posted By: Hevishot13
Originally Posted By: Turkey Petter
Originally Posted By: hawglips
Never had any trouble with a 28" barrel, and I prefer them 26-28" in all gauges.

^^^^This. It's got to be at least 26 and prefer 28. A short barrel turkey gun is good for at least one miss every other year. Running a close second, would be a tight shooting 20 gauge full of TSS. There seemed to be a great deal of misses this year.
there's always misses on here. Can't blame the guns. We have a site full of great turkey hunters. If you're hunting and shooting at plenty of birds, you're gonna miss birds. That's just the game. But for all the misses, there are also a pile of dead birds too.

Yes. If you can consistently kill the Eastern gobbler that lives in the hardwood swamps, you can kill em anywhere. There are some straight up killers on here. Yes. He who never misses, doesn't shoot at many. I'll take my chances with a 28 inch barrel over a short one. I'll take a gun with a great pattern over a super tight 20. As far as a miss, it's easier to deal with a swing and a miss at 40 - 45 than one at 25 because my gun is too tight.