Big doesn't always equal success but it can help. These guys definitely will be interesting to watch this season.

From Bruce Feldman at Sports Illustrated:

The Crimson Tide have some Freaky D-linemen. Jamar King is a 290-pounder who was clocked at a sub 4.8, according to AL.com earlier this spring. Towering Raekwon Davis, a 6’7”, 315-pounder, ran 5.1. Former No. 1 overall recruit Da’Shawn Hand is another guy who turns heads.

Payne, though, is their headliner this year. He helped anchor the nation’s top defense in 2016. He’s shed about 10 pounds this off-season and figures to be even more of a headache for rival offenses. At 310 pounds, he was timed at 5.03 after running a 4.93 40 last spring. He also benched pressed 545 pounds.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/07/07/freaks-list-workout-warriors-2017-part-3

Back in the early '90s, I interviewed Joe King after he got out of prison in Florida. I'd been around some big guys at AU and UA but he was just a tremendously big, tall, thick, muscular guy. Just shockingly big to me. (Also was humble, at the time, and IMO truly desiring to get his life in order, which didn't happen, unfortunately.)

And now guys of this size aren't common everywhere but they're not completely unusual anymore. Kinda goes to the "are we in the best era for athletes?" thread. Guys this big, this athletic, this strong and speedy? Amazing.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020