The hunter who searches for food will miss the whole point of my hunts. For 7-8K a lot of steaks and poultry can be purchased along with another freezer to hold the bounty. It is impossible to justify the expense of most hunts if meat is the end goal.

The way my heart leaps as a bird puffs into feathers is impossible to put into words. Even if I could explain it, the pragmatist would fail to understand. Argentina is one place in the world where you can literally step back in time. The dove shoots must be remarkably similar to the passenger pigeon shoots of old. Same with the duck hunts. Harvests counted in barrels are simply not possible in a country with limited game and many hunters. Most of us will never experience this kind of shooting. Some due to monetary constraints, some for pragmatic reasons and some because we are scared we would become so spoiled that local shoots would be pointless.

Some of the operations do pick up the birds and I have seen pics that prove it. Standing in front of a small mountain of dead birds. Maybe one day I will be in the pics but for now will continue shooting 15 at a time, at home, when I am lucky.