I somehow missed this but I'm going to wholeheartedly disagree with some of y'all about snares.

In a state where "deer" are essentially expendable you can kill does like it is going out of style you think a dead deer here or there should be much of a concern? I think not, but that is beside the main point which is you don't run them after the fawns drop and they do need deer locks on them. When properly set the deer will just knock it down.... they don't go through the woods with their heads down rather they walk with their heads up for the most part. I use to run snares all the time in another state and rarely caught a deer. Hog snares are 7-8 inches off the ground or against a rub, etc. Not likely to catch a deer but can happen.

As for dogs... obviously you would want to make sure with the landowner that snares are not being used on the property. If they are a mile off and get hung in one... I don't know. Who's fault is debatable.

Are they more effective and easier to use than a foothold?.... absolutely in my opinion. As effective but easier to use. So depending on what your agenda is running dogs or dead coyotes you can decide where you stand on the issue.

If they legalized snares again I can tell you that more people would be able to trap coyotes. Snares are just easier to set and don't require all that garbage foothold traps forces you into. Personally I love my pets as much as anyone but the impact on stray or roaming dogs is not an issue in my mind. If you know the landowner is running snares but you think you got "rights" so you just want to turn your dogs out on the countryside anyway and they don't show back up at supper that's not my problem.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.