That's fine with me. I just hate that the USGA capitulated this week and cut the fescue after all the bitching.

The players know what's coming. Nut up and go play. Quit bitching about it and then have the USGApussies do something drastic during tourney week.

That said, I think the USGA should have had at least a first-cut rough five yards wide or something. Those hard stalks still would have been tough to escape from. If you get out of that into the tall stuff then you're in the schitt for real.

JBC, that's 12 courses with great tradition and challenges for any pro or amateur good enough to qualify. I wonder what the criteria is for selecting the courses. Chambers Bay was "the" hot course and then hosted an Open but was panned for its baked cauliflower greens (which were shitty). Now we're at a second "course of the decade!" course in Wisconsin and hearing about the length, grass, etc.

Just seems weird. Maybe the private courses have had enough. If I was a player I'd rather say that I won at Merion or Winged Foot or Olympic than at Chambers Bay, although winning anywhere I guess would be nice.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020