Ok brother i noticed knowbody came to our aid so i decided to research this stuff again i been shootin for awhile now an this stuff seems to escape my mind occasionally hehe.. So b55 dacron not b52 tho i swear i thought there was a b52, anyways is the string material used for older bows. An the reason being for this is earlier bows do not have reinforced limb tips like our modern variants today. They are reinforced today because of lack of creep or string stretching that these new materials are capable of achieving. This creates arrow speed thus more down range kinetic energy. Also these newer strings are so much stronger that they can be shot using less strands which again increases arrow speed and also dampens string thump so you get a quieter faster bow. A new string material today is a combination of dyneema and vectran super strong and super fast and also not for you and your older bow because it wil not stretch enough to accommodate the weaker limb tips which in turn will damage your bow. B55 dacron on the other hand is more suiteed for you as far as i know... If you tell me what type if bow you have i may be able to tell you when it was made or at least wheather or not you might be able to get away with a little faster material.its been awhile since ive thought this deeply into trad archery ive had my little setup now and ive become complacent. I hope this helps brother if you have anymore questions id be more than happy to help any way i can.

"I dont quit.. And ill fight alone if i have to"