We managed to make it up to the mountain Friday afternoon, just in time for drinks and cigars and dinner with friends. We grilled out at a friend's cabin and we used my burger recipe. It was some good eats and some good times.

Woke up to a beautiful sunrise over Shinbone Valley to enjoy with my coffee. I love getting up early before anyone else and just enjoying the quiet of the morning with a steaming hot cup of coffee.

Mrs. Irish and I got after it and managed to get the wood stove alcove finished except for the roof. I need to order the chimney flashing and all those parts and finish up on the next trip up here. I measured carefully and framed up the inside and did the same on the outside, and was kind of amazed that when I finally took the reciprocating saw and cut through the exterior wall that it all actually lined up. grin

I'm going to line the inside with concrete board and then stove veneer. I will also have a mantle over the opening.

I spend more time thinking and sketching sometimes than I do actually building. I think I tear out less stuff that way. grin

There's always got to be some time for a little R&R by a campfire, with a glass of whiskey...

We finished up the exterior the next day.

The exterior shots give you an idea of what the rest of the cabin will look like with the cedar trim and the corrugated tin. It won't be this shiny for long as we will let it age naturally, oxidize and eventually rust. The good thing is that any panel will be easy to replace with a screw gun, a pair of tin snips and a few minutes.

I used a lot more "J" flashing than I though I would and need to order some more.

My favorite place to sit in the whole World now...

Almost looks like a working man's hands... grin

Of course if you're going to work hard all day you gotta eat good.

Last edited by Irishguy; 05/30/17 01:36 AM.