I was sitting in a restaurant yesterday, The Tin Cow on Nine Mile Road in Pensacola, at lunch and thinking about this while the Grunge Rock music blared in my ears almost making them bleed...

There is an ongoing assault on our senses almost every day and I'm damn tired of it.

A couple of observations just recently:

1. Harley dude not only has super loud exhaust, but also has kicker speakers mounted externally to motorcycle so that they actually play louder than the exhaust, so when they are combined together they form some sort of attention seeking audio assault vehicle. Here's a clue dudeman, I listened to all the Bad Company and ZZZ Top that I wanted to listen to in High School. Me and everyone else in with in earshot.

Had a black dude pull up into the Lowes parking lot in Leeds the other day on one of these while I was loading lumber in my truck and I swear every other word coming out of those speakers was "mutherfu&^%$er". Loud as Hell too!

2. I don't get on the lake much skiing anymore, but I was riding down the road the the other day and this guy in a nice truck was pulling one of these really nice ski boats with this giant tow bar on it, with ski mounts, etc... Well, mounted to the top of the giant ski bar about 10 feet above the boat were these 12' diameter weatherproof speakers pointing to the front and back. I can only imagine buying that choice piece of lake front property and trying to enjoy the peaceful scene only to have this guy come along.

Why do people like this think that everyone wants to hear their damn music?

3. Neighboor down the hill one street over. Not even sure which house. Has yapping dog. I go out on my deck to have a glass of whiskey and relax and enjoy the evening twilight. About this time is must be time for the dame dog to come out of the house. She puts him out. He barks the entire time. Continuously.

4. Pumping gas at the Chevron. Black dude pulls up. Music blaring cuss words. He leave is playing while he goes in the store to get some grape flavored cigars.

5. Go to ANY bar or now a days and there are literally 50 television sets all showing some kind of sports, or sports news and the guys at the bar that aren't staring at the television sets like Zombies are staring into their smart phones while drinking their beer. What happened to old fashioned bars where you could go have a pint and talk to someone. I was actually in a nice little pizza joint the other night while away on business and sat down at the quiet bar. No TV no blaring music, had a great pizza, a great local beer. This young fella sat down and we actually had a nice conversation and I bought him a beer. It was refreshing for a change.

6. Go down to the beach one day last year. There is no one within several hundred feet. Plop down chair, open beer, relax. In a minute or two, lady comes out with two kids. Sets up about 25 feet away, up wind of me. I'm thinking, "Lady you've got the WHOLE BEACH!" Immediately begins shouting various instructions to her kids and then pulls out the spray on sunscreen and proceeds to apply about half a can to Junior with 90% of it blowing on me.

The World is going to hell in a hand basket and I want to get a far away from everyone as I can get. Nobody has any common decency anymore, common courtesy is gone, and manners are long forgotten. I guess I'm old, because I simply do not like people in general anymore. It's like 90% of the population are arseholes now. Did the World change or is my memory bad?