Originally Posted By: Todd1700
Originally Posted By: Beer Belly
There is no way that animals can evolve into completely different looking........ Well maybe dogs but nothing else.

Different breeds of dogs are created over a relatively short period of time.

Exactly. And if artificial selection can generate the changes we see in animals in a relatively short period of time just imagine what natural selection can do over millions of years.

Todd,

We are obviously not in agreement on this particular issue of evolution...which is fine. But I do have a serious question for you (or others):

Kingdom
Phylum
Class
Order
Family
Genus
Species

Reproduction between different species within the same genus and even within the same family is possible. We all know that dogs can breed with other canine kinds within the family, same with cats, cattle, horses, etc... But can two DIFFERENT kinds reproduce?

Mammals for example. Can an elephant reproduce with some non elephant kind? Can a cat reproduce with a canine? Cow and a horse?

Repeat with every other family group of vertebrates and invertebrates. Can a python reproduce with an iguana? How about with a catfish? Can a crawfish mate with a mussel?

Wild examples I know, but I listed this on purpose. Y'all correct me if I'm inaccurate or way wrong. But there has never been any evidence in nature that members of different Family classifications can reproduce. Correct? All of our modern science has said that this is not possible. Correct?

So how is it that evolution theory proposes just such leaps for ages past? Mutations somehow managed to do all of this with such complexity?

Why is it that a gathering of 2 of every kind of animal (kind meaning family or genus) that would then populate the earth is seen as a fairy tale by so many?

Observable and testable evidence shows what and predicts what? It shows exactly what we know...only members of the same kind up to the family level are even compatible to reproduce...and design generally keeps that restrained to the genus level...and design even further keeps that typically to a species level.

Curious about y'alls thoughts.

Last edited by straycat; 05/25/17 07:12 PM.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams