I thought it was Co. Road 2 but I'm near 100% sure that the old 13 bridges road is now Bargainer Road. Turn left just past Macon east school and there it is. We actually rode down there yesterday as we are looking for a lot or house/land to live. We got past the little neighborhood and got to the first bridge and water was running down through there like Niagara Falls. We didn't even go past the first bridge. There are some really nice homes back in there and one monstrosity of a house right before the first bridge. Damn thing must be 8000 sq. ft.

Story was that you counted 13 bridges going toward Macon county but only 12 coming back. The weeds and such really hid one of the bridges and made it dang near impossible to see heading back into Montgomery county. That part is true. Of course, many Miller Lites were consumed by the time one headed back toward Montgomery which could've made seeing one on the way back a little more challenging.

Like Bill, I spent many a night riding that road back in college. Saw some of the biggest deer I've ever seen. Saw many deer that would go 140-160. Absolute zoo out there and very little pressure. John Hall and family owned all of that land at one time but I think they have sold off a bunch of it or it's been divided among heirs. I told Janet yesterday that I could drink a beer a day for the rest of my life and not come close to the number I drank on that dirt road back in the day. Cold beer, Led Zeppelin cranked to the max and seeing deer. Life was real simple then.

Dr. B

Last edited by bamaeyedoc; 05/22/17 12:08 PM.

AKA: “Dr. B”
Aldeer #121
8-3-2000
Proud alum of AUM, UAB, and UA
Member of Team 10 Point
2023-2024 ALdeer Deer Contest Winners

Glennis Jerome "Jerry" Harris
1938-2017
UGA Class of 1960
BS/MS Forestry
LTJG, USNR