Originally Posted By: MC21
Instead of work days I think it's a better idea to assign specific assignments for each member. Obviously the guys with tractors would be in charge of food plots and bush hogging, Tractor work does cost money and the cost of fuel and seed should be covered in the membership of the other members.

Then after that assign different task to different people.

Have one or 2 people (maybe more depending on size of land) Incharge of clearing roads.

Have another person Incharge of checking shooting houses for damage, waste nest, etc.

Have another member Incharge of cleaning up around camp area and camp house.

Another 2 people or more could be Incharge of clearing shooting lanes

Have a deadline ( October 1st) for everyone to get there task done and if someone doesn't complete there assigned job charge a hefty fine I think this eliminates the the excuse of work days being scheduled at a bad time because people can go up there whenever it's convenient for them

This works for me because there is always someone who always has something to do on scheduled work days, but they can dang sure make almost every full weekend during hunting season no problem.
If you assign them a particular task to do in June and come opening morning they are there ready to hunt, but it hasnt been done in 4 months time there is no excuse for it and they are solely to blame.
Post the assignments on a board @ club for everyone to see who was assigned what task.

Fines should match the dues. a $50 missed day fine to someone in a $500 club may be a lot. $50 a day to someone in a $2000 club probably wont mean much and they will just stroke a check. 20% of dues cost per day missed would probably get everyones attention.

Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching - even when doing the wrong thing is legal. Aldo Leopold .. (except when it comes to trailer tags)