Quote:
And another reason to get permission from private land owners instead of joining a club.

This, definitely. The f'king drama and bullchit isn't worth it.

The last club I was in had good people and i enjoyed it. Our kids were little then and involved in things on the weekends, which precluded me from attending our camp work weekends. I would have enjoyed going to work but was not going to miss our kids' events. The kids were and still are more important.

So I wrote a check, gladly, and apologized for not making it to all of them. I did make it to a couple when there were no conflicts.

As for hiring the labor, that wouldn't bother me. What would bother me would be the one or two "He ain't doing it right!" jackwagons who would BITCH INCESSANTLY all year about the road not being done right, the plot not being turned-planted-packed right and didn't grow well -- even if there was a drought or flood or chitty soils -- and they'd never STFU about it because the guy didn't do it like they would have done.

These would be the same people who bitch about everything anyway, though, so that would only be yet another thing for them to be pissy about.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020